- Congratulations to Cathy LaBrish and Joo Ann Lee who were finalists in the SAS Global Forum 2016 Student Symposium!
- We welcome Masters students Heather Davidson and Mark Adkins to the QM program in Fall 2015!
- We also welcome two visiting scholars. Dr. Jessica Flake graduated from the University of Connecticut, and Pere Millán who is a doctoral candidate at the Universitat de Valencia.
- Congratulations to Victoria Ng and Joo Ann Lee for successfully completed their M.A.!
- The Quantitative Methods Forum has received continued support for 2015-2016 from the Department of Psychology and the YUFA Teaching-Learning Development Grant.
- Dr. Michael Friendly and Dr. Jolynn Pek were awarded individual five year NSERC Discovery Grants on projects titled "Graphical Methods for Multivariate Data Analysis" and "Quantifying and Addressing Uncertainty in Latent Variable Models", respectively.
- Phil Chalmers' poster titled "Graphical Utilities for Semiparametric Structural Equation Models in R", presented at the 2014 International Conference of the Psychometric Society in Madison Wisconsin, won the Best Poster Prize out of 56 other peer-reviewed posters.
- Phil Chalmers was awarded the Certificate of Academic Excellence for his Masters Thesis by the Canadian Psychological Association for his work on "Full Information Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Noncompensatory IRT Models."
- Phil Chalmers was also awarded the prestigious SSHRC Joseph-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarship.
- Victoria Ng was awarded the competitive SSHRC Canada Graduate Scholarship.
- Dr. Kristopher Preacher from Vanderbilt University successfully launched our weekly Quantitative Methods Forum on September 16 2013. An archive on past talks is available here.
- Phil Chalmers was awarded the prestigious Certificate of Academic Excellence from the Canadian Psychological Association for his MA thesis "Full Information Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Noncompensatory IRT Models."
- Carrie Smith and Alyssa Counsell were recognized for their teaching excellence with the receipt of individual Teaching Assistantship Awards from the Council of Canadian Departments of Psychology.
- Alyssa Counsell is the receipient of the 2013 Michael Friendly award for her paper titled, "Equivalence Tests for Comparing Correlation or Regression Coefficients".
- Alyssa Counsell was awarded the prestigious four year Joseph Bombardier Doctoral level SHHRC Scholarship.
- Phil Chalmers, Victoria Ng and Matthew Sigal were awarded the competitive Ontario Graduate Scholarship for 2013-2014.
- Dr. Jolynn Pek was awarded a SHHRC Insight Development Grant for "Best Practices for Statistical Mediation".
- Phil Chalmers was awarded the OGS Research Scholarship.
- Matt Sigal was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology, Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities for 2012-2013.
- Phil Chalmers is awarded the inaugural Michael Friendly Award.
- Dr. Jolynn Pek joins the faculty in the quantitative methods program in July 2012.
- Alyssa Counsell is awarded the SSHRC Joseph Bombardier Master’s level Scholarship.
- Phil Chalmers is awarded the OGS Research Scholarship.
- Matt Sigal is awarded the Certicate of Teaching Excellence, Teaching Assistantship Award, Council of Canadian Departments of Psychology.